Is the Hyundai Warranty Transferable?
There are many reasons why Hyundai’s used cars are loved by drivers throughout Chicagoland. One of the biggest is the fact that Hyundai vehicles are backed by Hyundai Assurance, or “America’s Best Warranty.” If you’re considering a new or used Hyundai, you may be wondering, “Is the Hyundai warranty transferable?” For the most part, yes! If you purchase a vehicle that’s still covered under its 10-Year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty, you — the subsequent owner — will enjoy many of the same coverages for up to 5 years or 60,000 miles (whichever occurs first).
What Are the Hyundai Warranty Transfer Benefits?
Hyundai’s manufacturer warranty lasts for a lengthy amount of time, but that’s not the only reason Palatine and Addison drivers rely on it. The Hyundai warranty is generous with its protections, even when it’s transferred. Hyundai Assurance covers all of the following warranties and coverages:
- 10-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty (Original Owner Only)
- Lifetime Hybrid Battery Warranty (Original Owner Only)
- 8-Year/80,000-Mile Federal Emission Defect and Performance Warranty
- 7-Year/70,000-Mile California Emission Control Systems Warranty
- 7-year/Unlimited-Mile Anti-Perforation Warranty
- 5-Year/60,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- 5-Year/Unlimited-Mile 24-Hour Roadside Assistance
- 12-Month/12,000-Mile Replacement Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty
Rely on Us for Hyundai Service & Parts
To keep your warranty coverage in good condition, it’s important to stay current with routine maintenance and repairs. Most manufacturers — Hyundai included — recommend choosing an authorized dealership that specializes in your vehicle’s make. Patrick Hyundai is your reliable Hyundai service center near Des Plaines. When you choose us, you can expect the following benefits:
- Knowledgeable service technicians with years of experience
- Genuine OEM Hyundai parts that are protected by a 12-month warranty
- Rotating service specials
- Service center that operates per our customers’ schedules
Learn More About the Hyundai Warranty from Patrick Hyundai!
To summarize: is the Hyundai warranty transferable? Yes, but there are some points of interest to be aware of before you transfer or receive coverage. Contact us at Patrick Hyundai with any questions or visit us near Arlington Heights!